Friday, July 16, 2010

Toddler Language

As many of you know, Addy could talk your ear off since she was about 13 months old. She's just like her father. :) I have learned to decipher most of her words and what they mean. I will give you a couple of examples:


"Dance" = music on

"Can I hold you?" = Carry me


My favorite is when you have something she would like, usually it's food, this is how the conservation goes:


Addy: "Chips? Ya? Addy chips? Yep. Okay."


All along you are just staring at her with a chip just about to hit your mouth. And she has the cutest smile, nodding her head and has her hand ready for her treat.
I"m sure as time goes by there will many more phrases and words that she will say and make you drop and roll with laughter or have your jaw drop to the floor. I look forward to those times and will cherish every moment of them.

No comments: