Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween

I know it's been a month since I last wrote, but I've been frantically trying to get my list done before this baby arrives. My goal was to have the list done before November breezed in. I have to say I got the majority of the items checked off. YEAH!

So the next few or so posts will be about the last month. About what I have been able to accomplish and a rewind of the last month.
Here's the start of the Halloween celebration. This is the visit to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins to carve.

Addy got her pumpkin, She carried it the whole time we were in the patch. She keep dropping the poor pumpkin. It survived the trip until we got to the cashier, where it suffered a scratch on it's skin. Then over the next couple weeks, it was slowly rotting away. Therefore she was unable to graduate the pumpkin into a Jack-o-lantern.



Addy & Daddy starring at the moon.


The Hayride

Now fast forward to the week of Halloween: Here we are carving the pumpkins. Addy got to get her hands dirty this time around. She actually got her fingers wrapped around the great pumpkin goo. She eventually got bored of the process of carving, but her excitement picked up once we put the jack-0-lanterns outside and put candles in them.

Here are some pics to share of the masterpieces.




This was the best family pic to choose from. Addy was getting cranky about taking photos.


THE Jack-O-Lanterns

Earlier I told y'all about Addy's costume, I decided she was going to be a pirate after watching a Cailou episode and she started talk like a pirate. Well, here's how the costume turned out. I sewed the skirt and overskirt, found a simple white shirt and used a fat quarter for her headscarf. The head piece lasted all of 30 seconds on her head. It took several tries to get a pic of the whole costume. She kept saying that the headscarf a "Too big. It's too big'" Her way of saying she does not want to wear it.

We didn't take her trick or treating this year. But did to attend our friend's annual Halloween party. I heard she had tons of fun with all the kids. ( I had to work :( )


On actual Halloween, we had the total of ONE, yes the number 1, trick or treater. That is 2 less than last year's total. It doesn't help we live out on the boonies. So next year, we will be making the trek door to door for our share of the treats. :)

On one last note: When it was time to blow out the candles in the jack-o-lanterns, Addy would say, "We have to sing Happy Birthday to the pumpkins!"
Get the connection?
So Happy Birthday Halloween!

No comments: