Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tinkerbell Inspired


I finally finished the last handmade Christmas gift for my 3 year old niece. I had decided to make a play outfit for her. She's big into Tinkerbell. Therefore this called for a Tutu, a fairytale wand, a jeweled headband and of coarse the fairytale wings.



Here are the pictures of the finished gifts.


I got the inspiration for the wand
Thanks you ladies from Little Birdie Secrets!



Here is the jeweled headband, complements to Can't Stop Making Things blog for the idea.




As for the Tutu, I just searched YouTube for tutorials, there are tons of videos on this subject. Here's how my niece's turned out.



I'll be making Addy one of these for Christmas too. I picked the colors red, pink, purple & white for hers.

Lastly, I had make the fairytale wings. I searched several blogs and YouTube videos on how to construct the Tinkerbell-like wings. I give A Big Thank You to Mommy Blessings for the finally tutorial I used. Click Here for the instructions.

So, without any further delay, here are the wings:






I sure hope my niece likes this gift. I already wrapped in it up in a HUGE box.

No comments: