Saturday, November 6, 2010

Baby's Room



The new baby's room is 99% done. All that needs to be added is the crib. Since the baby will be in our room for the first few months, we decided to wait on getting the crib until after the first of the year. We have it picked out already.

We went with the baseball theme, since the hubby likes my hometown team too. If it had been a football ( the hubby's fav sport) theme, it could only be Packer colors. I'm not really keen on the green & gold color scheme. With baseball, I had more say in the color choices.


When you first walk thru the door, this what you see:



I made the scoreboard from a left over piece of plywood used for Addy's kitchen. Just painted it a red color, then lightly went over the red with a brown wash to give it a worn look. I used chalkboard spray paint for the black score boxes. That way, we or the kids can actually use it when playing baseball in the yard.




This dresser was a craiglist's find. I just painted it the same color as the room's blue. Then had the hubby spray paint the handles in rubbed bronze. (My new fav metal finish.)



This dresser will also serve as the changing table, just like Addy's dresser does.






I saved my fav piece for his room for last. I had an image in my head as to what I wanted to see on the wall above the future crib. I gave you a sneak peek months ago about this project. Well here it, all finished.


I love it!!!!!


It looks like what was in my head. I love when things turn out like that.






Now just need to add baby.


No comments: